vendredi 27 décembre 2013

Happy Birthday HARIS!


 
When I was working in the Worldmusic (and Jazz) section of a renowned music store in Montreal during the 90s, I discovered all the flavors the world can give musically.  Among my favorites was Greek singer Haris Alexiou. I bought her 1995 CD "Odos Nefelis '88" in a blink and I still keep it preciously in my collection.  

Today December 27th is her birthday and I asked myself, how many albums has she recorded?  

30 studio albums!!!

Being an 80s nostalgic, how did her album sounds during this decade? 

Well, the voice is as beautiful, truly.  The sound isn't quite the same from album to album.  Sometimes more traditional, sometimes more contemporary.

If you like Worldmusic, chances are you know her because she is one the most popular singer in Greece.  If you don't, I strongly suggest you have a listen on a streaming website (Rdio, Pandora, Deezer) and you might end up with a new album in your collection.

I still have a lot to listen and discover from her but from what I've heard I can definitly say that I really like her 1982 "I Zoi Mou Kiklous Kani" album.  I need to buy this one, very soon!

A very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you HARIS!

-MissEighties

Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire