lundi 30 décembre 2013

BROADCAST NEWS (1987)


I never had the chance to watch "Broadcast News" at the theater, Beta tape or VHS tape in the 80s.  Nope, but I did on Netflix a few weeks ago.


The thing I loved the most about this movie is the technology....in 1987.  The TV screens, the cassettes.  Speaking of cassettes, seeing Blair (Joan Cusack) running, tripping, falling to deliver the news tape like her life depends on it is priceless.  I've always been a fan of hers.


And then, out of nowhere, these two men comes in the studio to present their suggestion for the news music theme.  Both playing on the same keyboard, singing in (almost) harmonies, super proud of themselves! Lol, a great moment.

 
Holly Hunter is great, playing Jane Craig, a strong women as well as being adorable.  But like others who saw the movie, I don't get it when she cries suddenly, just like that.  I know this can happen but it seemed weird each time she started to cry...like if it didn't fit the character.  Besides this, all good!


That smart Tom (William Hurt), who seems so confident, a seducer but what a liar bastard!  And when he teared up, argh!  But I was happy each time Aaron (Albert Brooks) would squeeze him in the corner.

Aaron: OK, don't name them for me.  Just tell me if you know?
Tom: Yes, I know the name of the cabinet
Aaron: OK, all twelve?
Tom: YES!
Aaron: There's only ten.


Poor Aaron when he gets his last chance to present the news.  For once, Tom whose confidence is on top, gives very good  tips to make Aaron look better in front of the camera....but that won't be enough.  He will sweat and sweat and be soaken wet of sweating.

Aaron made me laugh more than once with is particular humour, his awkwardness and a tiny lazy.
"I can sing while I read. I am singing and reading both!"


 Have you seen "Broadcast News" movie?  Tell us about it?

-MissEighties

Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire