samedi 23 mars 2013

My story about The Cars


Today is Ric Ocasek's Birthday and I ask myself what should I say for this special day. Well, here is a true story of a young girl who wanted to be a radio jockey.


In 1984, the year The Cars "Heartbeat City" was released I was 14 years old and knew a little about life but I knew damn well my love for music. My dad didn't have to give me chocolate or a dress to make me smile. When he came home with a vinyl in his hand, he knew his young girl would have a big smile on her face. So that year I listened both sides of The Cars album again and again. My dad took me to the radio station to see if I could have own radio show. I knew the man standing in front of me, a well respected radio jockey. I was quite nervous and he asked me to make a playlist and he would see if I could do the job. The only thing I remember is that my list had at least 5 songs of The Cars "Heartbeat City" album, I mean, it was good music!!! Of course, the man must have laughed or smile with empathy to my list....of course I didn't have the job! Thing is, in 1988 I got a call from the record store asking me if I would like to work there and that same night my music career started and never stopped. Today I work for a record label and each time I hear The Cars "Hearbeat City" it brings me good souvenirs.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY RIC! - MissEighties





4 commentaires:

  1. Hi there colleagues, fastidious piece of writing
    and fastidious arguments commented at this place, I am genuinely enjoying by
    these.

    my blog :: cccam pakages

    RépondreEffacer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks for liking and commenting on my article. -MissEighties

      Effacer
  2. Hi there i am kavin, its my first occasion to commenting anyplace, when i read this
    article i thought i could also create comment due to this sensible post.



    my website ... cccam cfg gratuit 2010

    RépondreEffacer
    Réponses
    1. Hi Kavin, Don't hesitate to comment! At some point, I was wondering if people were able to comment on my page!!! Thanks -MissEighties

      Effacer